Information about Dr. Reckeweg Acid benzoicum
Acidum benzoicum is a Homoeopathic Dilution made from benzoic acid. It is a colorless or white solid that is derived from gum benzoin. It is obtained from gum benzoin by the process of sublimation. It is known to be the simplest of all aromatic carboxylic acids. Its chemical formula is C6H5CO2H. It is found in nature in many plants and animals. Salts of benzoic acid are used for making food preservatives. Industrially it is used for synthesis of other organic material. It is metabolized and excreted by humans as hippuric acid.
Product Origin: Germany
- The presence of concomitant symptoms of strong-smelling urine along with any pathology is strongly indicative of Acidum Benzoicum. The urine is strong smelling like ammonia or horse’s urine and generally dark brown. It is often used in the treatment of enuresis Nocturna in old men and children, bunion of great toe, ganglion of the wrist, etc based on this concomitant symptom.
- Sudden change in the locality of pains which are otherwise mostly felt in the region of the heart. Symptoms tend to appear left side first then move to the right side.
- The benzoic acid patient is found to be inclined to dwell on the unpleasant matter. For example, if he sees anyone who is deformed it makes him shudder.
- In diarrhea, the stools are light-colored, watery, and very offensive. It is commonly found in children. The stools look like soapsuds and are associated with strong-smelling urine usually. There may be shivering before stools.
- The cough in Benzoic acid is dry, long-continued, and results from the suppression of gonorrhea.
- The tongue in Benzoic acid is spongy on the surface along with spreading ulcers and deep cracks.