Information about Dr. Reckeweg Ambra grisea
Ambra grisea is a Homoeopathic Dilution made from morbid products found in the Sperm Whale. It is reported to be useful in asthma, convulsions, cough, epistaxis, menstrual irregularity, tympanites, etc.
Product Origin: Germany
- It is best suited to excitable, nervous, and thin patients with extreme nervous hypersensitiveness and bilious temperament.
- It is adapted to hysterical subjects, for people suffering from spinal irritation, with convulsive cough and eructation, for people weakened by age or overwork, who suffer from anemia and sleeplessness.
- It is one of the best remedies for the aged, with impairment of all functions, weakness, coldness, and numbness, etc.
- Mind: Fear of people and crowd, and desires to be alone. Is unable to do anything in the presence of others. Very shy and blushes easily. Music aggravates mental symptoms and causes weeping. Mind full of despair and loathing of life. Constantly dwells upon unpleasant things.
- Head: Vertigo with weakness in head and stomach. Pressing pain in the front part of the head and tearing pain in the upper half of the brain. Senile dizziness with loss of hearing. Epistaxis, especially in the morning.
- Mouth: Dryness and numbness inside the mouth. Pain and swelling under the tongue. Gray mucus in the throat in the morning leading to gagging and vomiting.
- Stomach: Frequent eructations, with violent, convulsive cough. The eructations are acidic causing heartburn. Distention of stomach and abdomen after midnight with the sensation of coldness in abdomen.
- Urinary system: Pain in bladder and rectum at the same time with burning in the orifice of urethra and anus. Sensation as if a few drops passed out. Burning and itching in the urethra while urinating. Turbid urine with brown sediment.
- Female: Nymphomania with itching, soreness, and swelling of pudendum. Menses too early. Profuse with bluish leucorrhea. The complaints are worse at night. Discharge of blood between periods and at every little accident.
- Male: Violent itching of the scrotum. The parts are numb externally but burn internally. Violent erections without any voluptuous sensations.
- Respiratory: Labored breathing due to flatulence with frequent eructation of gas. Spasmodic cough, with hoarseness and eructation which gets worse in the morning and in the presence of others. Tickling sensation in the throat, larynx, and trachea. Oppressed sensation in the chest and feels out of breath when coughing.
- Heart: Constriction of the chest with palpitation. Pressure in the chest as from a lump. Feels conscious about the pulse.
- Sleep: Sleeplessness with anxiety and worry. Wakes up from anxious dreams. Coldness of the body and twitching of the limbs, during sleep.
- Skin: Itching and soreness of the skin especially around the genitals. Coldness and numbness of the skin.
- Extremities: Cramps in the legs, hands, and fingers, worse grasping anything.
- Fever: Rapid pulsation during fever. The chills are present in the forenoon, with weariness and sleepiness. Coldness of single parts, with the heat of face. Heat recurs after every fifteen minutes, most violent towards the evening. Profuse sweat at night after midnight.